Welcome! If you landed here, in the Learning Center, we suspect that you are looking for quality information. You may want to check out our FAQs about our practice or Dr. Ann's Blog. We hope you find what you are looking for. If you don't, please Contact Us. After all, if you are looking for important health information, you are not alone, and we want to equip you with useful information to help you take control of your health. We are here to help!
- Where Do I Begin? An infographic from the National Lipid Association to get you started.
- What do your numbers mean? - Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Weight, BMI, Blood Sugar and More
- For Kids and Families, get answers at our partner website, Homework for Health!
Know Your Risks
- Calculating Heart Disease Risk
- Family History Matters - Inheriting High Cholesterol or Heart Disease
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia - FH
- Get tested - See Below Under 'Cholesterol' for much more on this!
Health Conditions and Risk Factors to Know About When Thinking About Heart Disease and Stroke Risks
- Blood Sugar Problems -Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes
- Cholesterol Problems:
- Cholesterol Problems - Screening in Children
- Cholesterol Problems - Adults - Types of Cholesterol, Inherited Problems, Nutrition and Exercise Approaches, Medications
- Weight Management
- Overweight and Obesity, Increased Waist Circumference Resources - Adults
- Weight Management in Children Childhood Obesity and Healthy Weights in Kids
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Stroke - What is a stroke (video)?
- Common Problems We Treat At Mobile Health Team
Cholesterol - Types of Cholesterol, Inherited Problems, Special Advanced Testing Available
- Understanding your test results:
- Advanced Testing
- Total Cholesterol
- LDL Cholesterol
- HDL Cholesterol
- LDL Particles
Putting it all together: Creating a plan to treat your cholesterol problems
- Step One - Are You Ready for Change?
- Treating Your High Cholesterol:
- Putting it all together: Setting your goals
- Nutrition and Diet - What's Right for You?
- Physical Activity from CDC.Gov
- Exercise is Medicine - Adults
- Exercise and Kids' Cholesterol - Children
- Treatments for Blood Sugar Problems
- LDL Apheresis
Finding the Right Help Along the Way - Creating Your Ideal Health Team - So Many Options!
- Take a Class
- What is a lipidologist?
- Tele-Health - Personalized Video Consultations
- Mobile Healthcare (mHealth)
- Social Media in Medicine
Special Cholesterol Conditions - Do you know that you have a specific cholesterol problem? Here are some credible, patient-focused organizations for specific cholesterol problems:
- The FH Foundation - for individuals and families with Familial Hypercholesterolemia and/or elevated Lipoprotein(a)
- LPL Deficiency Association - a group for individuals and families with Familial Lipoprotein Lipase Deficiency
- Lipoprotein (a) Foundation - for individuals and famlies with Liproprotein (a)