Kids and Families
At Mobile Health Team we and our friendly staff offer all aspects of pediatric cholesterol (lipids) services:
- Nutrition Assessments and Prescriptions
- Exercise Prescriptions
- Diagnosis and Management of genetic (inherited) cholesterol problems
- Obesity-Related Concerns
What are the medical conditions you typically treat? Common Problems We Treat
What is a Pediatric Lipidologist?
A pediatrician is a physician whose specific specialty is caring for children from birth to 18 years of age. A lipidologist is a physician whose specialty is cholesterol (also known as lipids). Dr. Ann Liebeskind is a lipidologist who is trained and board-certified in both pediatric and adult lipidology and therefore loves caring for families with lipids problems, including those families with lipid problems that lead to higher risk of heart disease. Our goal is to help ensure that children grow into mentally and physical healthy, productive and happy adults.
How do we get started?
We have provided some links below to reputable online sources of information to start reading. You can also Take a Class to get you started with general cholesterol, heart disease or pre-diabetes information. If you are ready, you may make an Appointment Request. We'd love to get you know you and your child and help you plan for a healthy future!
Web Resources for Children
- Homework For Health - A website developed by Dr. Liebeskind, offering information on cholesterol just for kids and their families
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Healthychildren.org - especially check out the Healthy Living sections
- Centers for Disease Control - Childhood Obesity Information and Statistics
- KidsGrowth.com - Growth Charts
- Let's Move
- We Can!